Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Great Indoors!!!

Ah I finally have a moment to sit for a minute... (not really, but I am making a minute). I want to start by saying... I am LOVING my student teaching experience. I honestly could not imagine enjoying it as much as I have. I still cannot believe that I am already at this point of my schooling! (I know, I know... my repetition of this thought I am sure is getting annoying!) Anyway, I have been so blessed with being placed with the most awesome group of kids and the most awesome teacher I get to observe, work with and learn from! I am in a really good situation and am enjoying life right now. My kids are with a really great sitter who adores them and they love playing at her house! AND I love that they are not cooped up in my  house everyday in this horrifically cold weather!
What can we do for free to get out of the house in negative temperatures?? TOYS at the mall!
The adjustment has had its ups and downs with me going back to work and there are definitely pros and cons. Carlyle especially has become attached to me when we are home at night. He wants to sleep in my bed every night and usually has been getting his way. (And lets face it... mom wants him in there too). I like making up for the time we aren't together during the day even if we are both asleep. Lenore and Hudson are adjusting well but are both tired earlier in the evening so my time is cut a little shorter than I sometimes like. HOWEVER, the best part about STUDENT teaching is I get to go home as soon as school is out, which is 3:30. So I don't feel like I am not getting solid time at home. I am HOWEVER losing solid time of house work (AKA laundry). I hate laundry! haha!
Here is what I get to wake up every morning!

With this terrible weather and awful inversion it is hard to get out of the house. So the BIGGEST advantage for our family as far as my going "back to work" is getting all of us out of the house in the morning. My kids get moving more, playing hard, and taking long naps for the sitter! :) (Which I am sure she enjoys).
Gotta love a warm bath before bed!
Besties

I am learning so much about teaching from my coordination teacher (Kim Mills). I am learning that I love this job! I enjoy being in front of the classroom and honestly feel proud when students are grasping concepts because of what I am teaching them. It amazes me how smart a 2nd grader can be and I am finding true joy in this experience. I feel it is making me a better person and mom and leader. I am beyond excited to be at school during the day and for the first time in a job experience, I am not looking at the clock every hour. I do want to learn to manage my time better so when I get home I can do a little laundry and just hang with the kids. (SO I need to be on top of the crock pot meals).

She lines up her princess and puts them to sleep!

How do I rotate these images???

Anyway, in spite of the changes at home and the freezing cold weather, we are having a great winter and finding time to enjoy the indoors! ( Although I really miss me some Vitamin D!)

No comments:

Post a Comment