Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Catching UP!

So it looks as though I have some serious catching up to do! It is FINALLY summer and I am so determined to have the best most fun summer I have had in a few years. I get to enjoy 3 walking kids and no pregnancy! I have to say being a college grad ROCKS! It is especially wonderful having both James and I finished. We have more lounge time in the evening, we feel the weight we have been carrying lifted from our shoulders! and again...just in time to enjoy the weather and get the kids out of the house! We are in the middle of getting ready to move to our first home (we closed today in fact!) and even though it is taking a bit longer than originally planned we feel so blessed to be getting this home! I look forward to more space and a fenced in back yard!

Recently, Carlyle went to his Nana and Papa Bennett's house and had the time of his life! I missed him like crazy and even looked at the cost of a plane ticket for a weekend visit and but stopped myself with the support of my husband. I know he had a great time because he still is talking about it. He will say "remember mom, when Nana bought me this?" or my favorite was the other day when I had lots of errands to run and packing to do, I needed to get the kids up and out the door. -one of those mornings when everything was so unorganized the thought of making a mess for breakfast in the kitchen was sending me into an anxiety attack- So I told Carlyle, "We got to hurry out the door and we will pick up McDonalds for breakfast." His response, "McDonalds is closed mom, so let's just go to Carl's Jr." That got me laughing pretty good, for a couple reasons, 1) where did he come up with the idea to tell me McDonalds was closed because he didn't want it? and 2) because Nana took him to Carl's Jr. a few times and it is now, and I quote, his "favorite". He loves telling me what his favorite things are, and I love hearing about them! I love that Carlyle got to spend that special time with his grandparents. I know he cherishes it and even though I missed him too much to do it again for 2 weeks anytime soon! I too appreciate the love my kids have in their life by so many people!

So like I stated earlier, we closed on our home today! Yahoo! We hope to be moving in this weekend so right now our home is literal chaos! Boxes everywhere! I need to get cleaning a packing so I have to stage my home to stack the packed boxes because we do not have a garage. I really hope we aren't delayed and can actually clear this house out before the weekend is over. I hate packing and moving and if I have things my way, I will hopefully not have to move for a very very long time, if ever again! This will be the 5th home we have lived in since we got married and the 13th home in my lifetime! I think it is about time I stay put for awhile. :)

On another note... Hudson has finally decided to walk full time now! After 2 months of walk and crawl combo he has put his knees to rest and his feet to use! I love when my kids can walk! They seem to get a little older when they start walking and can listen a little better to direction. I don't want my children to grow up, but the hassle of picking up a heavy child every time you want them to go where you go get strenuous. Hudson is such a sweet pie! I honestly LOVE him cuteness so much! He is a HUGE mammas boy and follows me EVERYWHERE! Seriously massive fit if I leave him on his own for even a second, unless he is in him crib. He actually really likes his crib. He also throws fits when he is eating bananas and yogurt and he eats it all gone. It makes him very sad and I cannot peel the second or third banana quick enough for him! He gets so excited, his body convulses with his arms flailing and a HUGE smile on his face! Nobody should be that excited for food! haha!

Lenore is growing up right before our very eyes! She is the biggest sassy pants and the biggest sweetheart! She may be borderline bipolar... She likes to scowl and shake her finger at you. Says "no" just about half the time you ask her to do something and "ok" with a precious grin the other half. The worst part is you never know what response you might get. It doesn't matter what mood she is in at the time either, she is completely unpredictable!


2 comments:

  1. It sounds like things are going good for you. Congrats on a laid back summer and a house. That will be great for everyone

    ReplyDelete