Thursday, December 6, 2012

Besties

I have been noticing lately how well my kids get along with each other and help each other out. It is so precious to me to see them becoming such good friends. They have this amazing connection and they just know to watch out for each other and include each other in activities. Carlyle especially watches out for his little siblings and makes sure nobody takes their stuff (and believe me, if they do, they hear for it!) Carlyle is not afraid to stand up to any kid to make sure the item taken from his brother or sister is replaced by any means necessary! (growling and ripping out of hand included).

He is a comfort to his siblings. When either of them are crying he runs over and starts to say "shh shh shh..." and sings " I love you a bushel and a peck, a bushel and a peck, doodle doodle doo doo doo!" Sometimes it makes them smile so big the tears stop completely! Lenore also watches out for her brothers. She is always giving Hudson kisses, and making Carlyle happy by giving him the rest of her fruit snacks or hot dogs when Carlyle ate all his first. She is very good at sharing as long as someone asks her first. If they say please, she will give up almost anything!

James and I were watching CB shoot hoops in the living room tonight and Hudson was just beaming watching his big brother play basketball. Carlyle caught notice of Hudson's smiles and giggles, he went over and gave him the ball and said, "Here Huddie's, you shoot it!" We told him how nice it was to share with his brother and he then proceeded to help him shoot it. He took his hands and helped hold the ball and said, "shoot!", then took the ball and shot it up in the hoop and gave Hudson all the credit! Where did he learn such sweetness? It was one of those tear up moments as a parent to witness a 3 year old be so Christ like. It made Hudson's night to get that kind of attention from his hero! Their love for each other definitely makes me proud.

They love being around each other. We have been having to put  Lenore in the pack and play in the boys room because she keeps falling out of the bed and her and Carlyle don't sleep when we put them together anymore. They just stay up and play until Carlyle plays to rough and Lenore ends up in tears. But now Carlyle always asks for her to sleep with him, "My Lenore, my Lenore, I need my Lenore!" We sometimes give in, but it always ends the same... (with  Lenore back in the pack and play.) I like it though, because Lenore and Hudson are also developing a pretty sweet relationship too. She and him just look at each other, chat in Chinese, and giggle through the cribs. It is funny to listen to, and she keeps Hudson occupied a little longer some mornings to give me a little extra sleep. :)

Carlyle loves getting Lenore to play organized activities with him. They were in the bath tonight and he stood up and said, "Hold my hand Lenore." She does, and they start going around in a circle singing Ring Around the Rosie. About the time it gets to ashes, ashes Lenore says down and falls, and Carlyle (a little frustrated) sings the rest by himself and splashes into the water. I had James bring a video camera up, but as soon as it started to film Carlyle got goofy and shy, so we didn't get a good recording but it was cute.

Hudson woke up shortly after and I asked the kids if he could take a bath with them and Carlyle did not want him to! "No No put his shirt on! he is too little for the water!"- interpretation: (he was concerned about the water being to high for him because I usually only put an inch or two in the tub and fill it up more after I take Hudson out. After I assured Carlyle he would be okay and set him in the water, he was very excited that his, "baby Hudson" got to join them! And Hudson happy as can be as well! I sure love my sweet little babes! They make me want to be better... and nicer to my own siblings....

2 comments:

  1. This is sweet. Love my little kids! And i'm glad they make you want to be nicer to me...because I've been really wanting you to offer up your leftover hotdogs and play ring around the rosie in the bath me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how cute! I love this post! Siblings are the best. And Rachel, you make me laugh! ;)

    ReplyDelete